If you have ever wondered if your star sign could lend itself to helping you become a best-selling author, you’ve come to the right place!
As an aspiring author, and someone who is learning more astrology, I wondered what the star signs are of the top authors of this side of the millennium.
Sweety High cites Pisces, Cancer and Leo as the most creative signs, with Aries, Libra and Capricorn coming in as the least creative signs…. and as a Pisces (with Cancer rising…) I thought I would see if this holds true.
I took the top 20 Authors of the 21st Century (based on this Goodreads list) and set to work finding out their star signs. The results are…. surprising. Here we go:
- JK Rowling — Author of the Harry Potter series. — LEO
- Suzanne Collins — Author of the Hunger Games series. — LEO
- Khaled Hosseini — Author of The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. — PISCES
- Markus Zusak — Author of The Book Thief. — CANCER
- Kathryn Stockett — Author of The Help. — AQUARIUS
- Yann Martel — Author of Life of Pi. — CANCER
- Steig Larsson — Authory of The Millennium Trilogy (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo etc). — LEO
- Audrey Niffenegger — Author of The Time Traveler’s Wife. — GEMINI
- John Green — Author of The Fault in Our Stars, Looking for Alaska and Paper Towns. — VIRGO
- Dan Brown — Author of The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. — CANCER
- Cormac McCarthy — Author of The Road. — CANCER
- Mark Haddon — Author of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. — SCORPIO
- Jeffrey Eugenides — Author of Middlesex and The Virgin Suicides. — PISCES
- Alice Sebold — Author of The Lovely Bones and The Almost Moon. — VIRGO
- Stephanie Myer — Author of the Twilight series. — CAPRICORN
- Veronica Roth — Author of the Divergent series. — LEO
- Ian McEwan — Author of Atonement. — CANCER
- Rick Riordan — Author of the Percy Jackson series. — GEMINI
- Cassandra Claire — Author of The Mortal Instruments series. — LEO
- Neil Gaiman — Author of American Gods. — SCORPIO
Here are the results in a fancy little pie chart!
It seems pretty clear that Cancer and Leo come out on top — with Pisces in a joint third place.
In last place, with zero of the top 20 Authors having these star signs, are Aries, Taurus, Libra and Sagittarius.
So, seems like the predictions above came out fairly accurate! However, my sample size is small and there could well be many best-selling authors outside of my “Top 20 of the 21st Century” list that are Libra’s and Aries’, so best not to read too much into this!
I decided to dig a little deeper and see what Element of the signs came out on top.
It isn’t as simple to rank the elements in terms of their creativity, however some cite Fire and Earth signs as the most creative — but the above list seems a little contradictory to that generalisation. Water comes out on top here, with 9 of the 20 authors listed being a water sign!
For me, with my Sun in Pisces (Sun Signs are what the majority of people use as their zodiac…) and Ascendant in Cancer, going from this list it looks like I have a pretty good level of creativity and with my fellow Water signs before me paving the way, I could become the best-selling author I long to be.
I guess I will have to wait and see if my stars align.
What is your star sign, and how do you fair against the top authors of the 21st Century?